Our four core values
Free of Bullying revolves around four core values: tolerance, respect, care and courage. These values develop the children’s social skills and enable them to develop positive relationships in childhood as well as later in life.
- Tolerance is about regarding and accepting differences within the children’s group as a strength, and about treating each other as equals.
- Respect is about accepting and considering all children in the group, and about accommodating and respecting others’ differences and way of being.
- Care is about showing interest, compassion, concern and helpfulness towards all children.
- Courage is about setting boundaries and saying no when you see children overstepping others’ boundaries. Being a courageous friend means reacting to injustice.
The teachers use the pedagogical tools to teach the children to show tolerance, respect, care and courage. In this way, the children acquire a set of values through specific activities that foster well-being and prevent bullying in the children’s group.
Read more about Free of Bullying
- Lars Stilling Netteberg
- Program manager, Save the Children Denmark
- +45 2089 7250