Save the Children Denmark’s 75th Anniversary Conference:
How Do We Secure Children’s Mental Health and Wellbeing?
Wednesday, 9 September from 10.00 - 16.00 CET
9.00 – 9.50 - Good Morning Coffee and Networking
*Please be present in Børssalen by 9:50
10.00 – 12.00 - Conference Plenary (in Danish)
Convening with government, civil society organizations, donors, young people and community leaders supporting improved MHPSS for children and families in crisis and in celebration of 75 years of Save the Children Denmark.
*This plenary will be hosted by Tine Gøtsche in Danish with simultaneous English translation headsets available
Keynote Speakers include:
- HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
- Mette Frederiksen, Denmark's Prime Minister
- Rasmus Prehn, Denmark's Minister for Development Cooperation
- Janez Lenarčič, Commissioner for Crisis Management, European Commission (video greeting)
- Johanne Schmidt-Nielsen, Secretary General, Save the Children Denmark
- Joseph Vos, Concentration Camp Survivor: On first Red Barnet recreational stay to Denmark after WWII (1945)
- Stine Borring Alkert, Save the Children Youth, Chairperson
- Anne-Sophie Dybdal, Senior Child Protection Advisor, Save the Children Denmark
- Leslie Snider, Director, MHPSS Collaborative
- Tine Gøtzsche, Host
12.00 – 13.00 - Lunch
*Strict regulations regarding COVID-19 and food service will be observed. For individual diet restrictions, please contact us by email
13.00 – 15.30 - MHPSS Deep-Dive Session
*This session will be in English. Session details are below
15.30 – 16.00 - Announce MHPSS commitments
We will announce shared actions and commitments that support improved child and family mental wellbeing.
16.00 – 16.30 - Let’s Have Cake
Celebrating Save the Children Denmark's 75th Anniversary
*All times are CET
We hope you will join and participate in our full day of activities and we are working hard to create a safe and enjoyable conference experience for all. Should you need any special assistance accessing our conference, or if for any reason you can only join us for a portion of the day, we kindly ask you to inform us by email so we can properly accommodate you.